COMMON CORE WORD LIST FOR CHILDREN
AAC Vocabulary Lists : PrAACtical AAC
Dec 16, 2013Here are some we found, both for core words and other AAC-related topics. Core Vocabulary. Adults – Baladin& Iacono, 1999 via Minspeak; Adults – Hill, 2001 via Minspeak; Children – Banajee et al. 2003 via Minspeak; Children [UNL] Children – Marvin et al. 1994 via Minspeak; Children (combined sources) – Anderson & Bitner, 2013[PDF]
“Core Word of the Week” Words and Activities
small number of words. The ability to produce core words aids in the auditory processing of those core words when listening to others. Some examples of core vocabulary include: stop, go, get, more, turn, mine, on, off, up, down, that. Even with just these 11 words, a
Teaching Core Vocabulary : PrAACtical AAC
Apr 06, 2013Provide frequent opportunities for core word practice: By definition, core words are common and appropriate for almost every situation. One of the best ways to get learners competent with core vocabulary is to have them say those words frequently.
Sight Words | Sight Words: Teach Your Child to Read
There are several lists of sight words that are in common use, such as Dolch, Fry, Top 150, and Core Curriculum. There is a great deal of overlap among the lists, but the Dolch sight word list is the most popular and widely used. 3.1 Dolch Sight Words. The Dolch Sight Words list is the most commonly used set of sight words. Educator Dr. Edward William Dolch developed the list in the 1930s-40s by
Common Core Standards for Spelling - spelling-words-well
Kindergarten Common Core Standards. - A fun sing-song activity to help kids listen to match initial sounds to letters Preschool Computer Game: Let your child sound out 3 words in each group, decide the first letter of all the words in the set, then click the big button to check his answer! CCSS-Literacy.L.K (Spell words phonetically)..
Kindergarten Words - Common Core Vocabulary - Flocabulary
Kindergarten Vocabulary Word List. These kindergarten vocabulary words introduce and reinforce high-utility words. The majority of words in each Flocabulary kindergarten video are considered "tier-2 vocabulary"—high-utility and aspirational words that are relevant to academic success. Many of these songs are thematically tied to units..[PDF]
Communication Peeled and Cored - gadoe
Core Vocabulary is a statistical concept related to overall word frequency. 350 most frequent words account for approximately 80% of words actually spoken. Not often the focus of AAC system design or the focus of communication goals for device users. The remaining 20% is made of fringe or extended vocabulary. It.
First Grade Sight Words List | Education
Apr 29, 2009Use these lists of common words to help children improve reading skills quickly by using the words in games. A sight words memory game is easy to make with paper and markers, or, make a hopping good time out of it with a physical word game that's good for outside and can be adapted to indoors.3.2/5(1)
The Basic Spelling Vocabulary List | Reading Rockets
The list contains 850 words that account for 80 percent of the words children use in their writing — the ones they need to be able to spell correctly. Mastering this relatively small corpus of words yields a high rate of return. For example, the most common 1,000 words are used 13 times more frequently than the next most common 1,000 words.[PDF]
Children’s List of Feeling Words
Children’s List of Feeling Words: GLAD SAD MAD AFRAID OTHER content bugged uncomfortable shy glad blah annoyed startled curious