Firecaused by a fusebox. Three sleeping Battersea residents were "lucky" to escape after being dramatically rescued from a smoke-filled property by firefighters following an electrical fire. The firewas caused by a fuseboxover heating causing it to melt,filling the property with thick black smoke. Fire caused by a fuse box | Electrical News | Meteor Is this answer helpful?Thanks!Give more feedbackThanks!How can it be improved?How can the answer be improved?Tell us how What Causes a Breaker Box to Catch Fire? | Hunker What Causes a Breaker Box to Catch Fire? By Lee Carroll. SAVE Sparks inside the box can set it on fire, and the fire can spread throughout your home quickly. Breakers are simple to inspect. Simply pop them out one at a time, and examine for corrosion or any other signs of deterioration. How to Wire a 220 to a Fuse Box 4 Electrical Box Regulations – Is There a Fire Hazard in Your electrical box is the spot where electricity from the grid connects to your home. From here your breaker box divides up the electrical source. Home ProFinder Pro Reviews current regulations and scary potential of losing your home to fire because of an old fuse box.