GATTACA QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Gattaca Questions and Answers | Q & A | GradeSaver
Gattaca Questions and Answers The Question and Answer sections of our study guides are a great resource to ask questions, find answers, and discuss literature. Home Gattaca Q & A Ask a question and get answers from your fellow students and educators. Ask a Question.
GATTACA Questions and Answers – Greatness
Apr 21, 2014GATTACA Questions and Answers. April 21, 2014 — Leave a comment. GATTACA the movie was about a guy named Vincent, who was born as what they called a God born child. In this day and age the movie was set in, people didn’t give birth through the way we know natural as of now. Instead everyone was looking for the way to make the ‘perfect
Gattaca Essay Questions | GradeSaver
Gattaca Questions and Answers. The Question and Answer section for Gattaca is a great resource to ask questions, find answers, and discuss the novel. What are the positive and negative aspects of the world showed in the movie . I suppose the positives are human genetic development reaching a near flawless state. The drawbacks are that the humanAuthor: Andrew NiccolI suppose the positives are human genetic development reaching a near flawless state. The drawbacks are that the human psyche has not matched the physical developments. The word also has a homogenous entitled class of people. They ack the grit and..I think that's ta big he theme of the film. Vincent is able to go so far undetected because of his weaknesses and vulnerabilities. He has to fight and strive harder than anybody else. He "saves nothing for the swim back". Vincent's perseverance is..I think that's ta big he theme of the film. Vincent is able to go so far undetected because of his weaknesses and vulnerabilities. He has to fight and strive harder than anybody else. He "saves nothing for the swim back". Vincent's perseverance is..
GATTACA (movie) Questions.? | Yahoo Answers
Nov 22, 2009Best Answer: 1. Vincent placed one of Jerome's hairs on the comb. 2. Vincent says: "They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore." 3. 30.2 years 4. Vincent's mother, Marie, had "two healthy boys and two very healthy girls" to choose from. SheStatus: ResolvedAnswers: 11. Vincent placed one of Jerome's hairs on the comb.
2. Vincent says: "They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore."
3. 30.2 years
4. Vincent's mother, Marie, had "two healthy boys and two very healthy girls" to choose from. She and her husband chose a boy embryo so Vincent would have a playmate.
5. DNA? Genetic determinism?
6. Vincent and Anton enjoyed playing a game that they called "chicken" The two would swim out to sea as far and as fast as they could and swim back as a race of endurance.
8. Vincent: “There is no gene for fate.”
10. Vincent becomes a heretic against the new order of genetic determinism. He is now a "borrowed ladder" (a play on words referring to both the structure of an un-coiled DNA strand and the idiom of altitude as social status) or in harsher language, a de-gene-erate.
When I think of the term "borrowed ladder", I think of the tall, spiral staircase in Jerome Eugene's apartment. Staircases, stair-steps, and ladders are usually symbols of a successful progression to a higher and higher goal and this goal is often upper social class. In this instance, Jerome Eugene Morrow (Jude Law), can't physically or otherwise continue to climb higher on "the stair-steps of success" because of his handicap (paraplegia) but Vincent Freeman (Ethan Hawke) can. With Jerome's help, Vincent can "borrow his ladder" and, thus, increase his social status from the inferior bottom rung to the top. He (as well as Jerome and Irene) have been battling themselves and society to find their place in the world all their lives. Now Vincent has been given the opportunity to climb the otherwise-elusive staircase to success, i.e., to become an astronaut with Gattaca Aerospace Corporation, and even surpass Jerome, in terms of success. Also, the spiral double-helix of DNA can be viewed as a staircase or a ladder when un-coiled (the two strands of the DNA molecule are the sides of the ladder), and the entire movie is based on the pre-determined DNA makeup of its principle characters.
11. Vincent's eyelash
12. law enforcement
13. Irene (Uma Thurman) has a heart condition so she can't travel in space. In fact, she isn't even supposed to be able to run very far but she briefly does in one of the scenes.
14. He has a congenital deformity and, that is, six fingers on each hand.
15. Irene left behind her little, round, green pill case she has for her heart pills. Anton returns it to her.
16. The Director Josef (Gore Vital) killed the misssion director.
17. The detective is really Anton, Vincent's younger brother whom he has not seen in several years since Vincent left home. Vincent and Anton's parents thought that they had outlived Vincent and died not knowing that their first born son was still alive.
18. Eugene says: "I got the better end of the deal. I only lent you my body - you lent me your dream." In other words, Eugene finally received "the Gold Medal" of achievement.
19. Eugene received his Silver Medal in swimming.Best answer · 6Gattaca Movie Assignment0gattaca movie questions0At birth how long did the nurse tell Vincent s mother that he was expected to live!1???0Gattaca movie questions? | Yahoo AnswersMay 01, 2015 GATTACA movie questions. In a bind, PLEASE HELPApr 04, 2011Status: ResolvedSee more results[DOC]
GATTACA Viewing Questions – Answer Key
Web viewGATTACA Viewing Questions – Answer Key. 01. What deception is Vincent (main character) trying to hard to maintain? He is trying to be Jerome, who has an elite genetic identity. This identity gives . Vincent the credentials to work at GATTACA. 02. Describe four ways that Vincent maintains his genetic identity.
Gattaca (1997) questions and answers - Movie Mistakes
Questions and answers for Gattaca (1997). Ask anything you want to know, or answer other people's questions.Actors: Ethan HawkeDirector: Andrew Niccol
GATTACA Questions and Teacher Guide - Valencia College
GATTACA Questions and Teacher Guide . 1) Compare the genetic traits of Vincent and Anton. 2) What does the character “German” do for a living? 3) What is an “in-valid”? 4) List 3 ways that the society portrayed in the movie routinely “reads” a person’s genetic profile. 5) What two major surgeries did Vincent have to enhance his genetic “imperfections?”[PDF]
GATTACA Activities Discussion Questions and Activities
GATTACA Activities Discussion Questions and Activities: 1.) During a scene in Gattaca, Vincent’s parents visited a doctor who specialized in child conception to select for the best traits for his future brother. They hoped that his brother would have the best possible chances for a
GATTACA biotechnology Flashcards | Quizlet
Start studying GATTACA biotechnology. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools.[DOC]
GATTACA Viewing Questions – Answer Key
Web viewGATTACA Viewing Questions. 01. What deception is Vincent (main character) trying to hard to maintain? 02. Describe four ways that Vincent maintains his genetic identity. 03. What does the term “Valid” mean in Vincent’s society? 04. Where are the space missions taking supplies and people? 05.
Related searches for gattaca questions and answers
gattaca movie questions and answersgattaca movie answersgattaca questions answers keygattaca discussion questionsgattaca quiz answersgattaca analysis questionsgattaca viewing guide answersgattaca reflection questions answers